Note: If you are quenched and need of a glass of wine, head across the way to the Volcan Mountain Winery. Yes, during the off-season not as many things are open or just on the weekends. Maybe you have to grow up with it to appreciate the combination? I never knew Julian existed prior to reading your post, but it’s definitely right up my alley of fun! Organic Apple Picking in Julian (Updated 9/13/20 to reflect COVID changes as noted in italics) One of the first Fall traditions for many is Apple Picking in nearby Julian! I agree, such a great day trip for fall especially for the pie! I must remember your advice on what to do with each Apple. Oh that is a bummer! The Oasis Camel Dairy is not your typical dairy as they have camels! And with the apples and apple pie, you can’t go wrong! Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site! 4200 Hwy 78. Many times the trees near the entrance will have been picked through so walk further down the orchard rows to find plenty of apples. Make sure to bring your camera to this photogenic town! I chose to visit Julian at the worst time – everything was closed! It was the off season and weather was horrible, so I understand. They offer private camel tours, feeding, and encounters where you can learn everything related to camels. Have a wonderful time apple picking tomorrow! Hopefully you can go apple picking one day! While Julian, California is traditionally known as the hot spot for apple picking (and apple pies) in late September and October, there are still loads of things for you (and your family) to enjoy if you are visiting out of season. Apple Picking in Julian. What a charming place! Check their website and social media pages for the latest updates and information. The Grand Pla, “It’s never too late to become who you want to, “Color is a power which directly influences the, The Dinant Citadel sits up high above the town and, While visiting Dinant, I had the pleasure to stay, View travelingness8’s profile on Instagram, View travelingness’s profile on Pinterest, Guide To The Best Christmas Markets In Belgium, 45+ Awesome Gifts For Hikers & Adventurers. Your Dad is such a sport, though I could see myself doing the the same for my daughter , Thanks you so much! There are a variety of apples that can be picked in the orchards around Julian such as Jonathan, Gala, Empire, Fuji, Granny Smith, Pippin, and Red Delicious. And one that I thought sounded horrible before I tried it is the slice of melted sharp cheddar cheese on top! It seems like so much fun!!! This means that every time you visit this website you will need to enable or disable cookies again. Availability of ripe fruit for picking varies weekly. There are a few ways to come from North County but the easiest option is to take Highway 78 (East) to the 15 Freeway (South). We are coming for apples and some great get away time every year. If you aren’t sure which one to pick, the staff can direct you to the apples ideal for you. Volcan Valley Apple Farm is located 2-miles up the hill from the town of Julian and is one of the largest apple orchards around. Address: 1020 Julian Orchard Drive, Julian, CA 92036. There is an Apple Mountain Berry Crumb Pie, a Boysenberry Apple Crumb Pie, Cherry Apple Crumb Pie, Peach Apple Crumb Pie and several berry pies with no apple. Required fields are marked *. Volcan is a seasonal U-Pick orchard. Most likely there is a flavor you are bound to love. Hours: Open 9:30 am to 5:00 pm Monday through Thursday and 9:30 am to 5:30 pm Friday through Sunday. Thank you! All of the apple orchards are within a mile or two of downtown Julian and a great place to stop on your way into town. I admit I am a huge fan of using my kindle, especially when traveling but I do love the look and smell of a physical book. Let’s just say it was a long ride home as my dad had to drive with his head outside the window to navigate us home…. })(document, 'script', '//aff.bstatic.com/static/affiliate_base/js/flexiproduct.js'); “And into the woods I go, to lose my mind and fi, As the years go by, I appreciate and love the outd, ⛰ NEW POST⛰ The Best Ways To See Yosemite In T, On my first night wandering around Ghent, I came a, The River Leie runs through the main canal in Ghen, In my last post, I shared the 3 large towers of Gh, There are 3 main and large towers in Ghent. If you have an empty stomach they have both breakfast and lunch options available. Fall photo backdrops. The orchards where you can go apple picking in Julian are referred to as self-picking or U-Pick. After apple picking and maybe a nice meal, take a stroll along Main Street and wander in and out of the many shops. For the fall season of 2020, they are currently closed but make sure to visit them in years to follow! Highly recommend this experience. Established in 1996. U-pick apples, pears, berries and a variety of other activities that are perfect for anyone! Apple Lane Orchards employees gather apples from many orchards, but all of their apples rival the very best apples grown anywhere. This year Julian Farm & Orchard is reporting that their apple crop is relatively small, but they are indeed offering apple picking starting Sep. 19-20, while the apples last. The exterior like many of the shops and restaurants in Julian has that cottage house appearance that is reminiscent of visiting one’s grandmother’s house. We are using cookies to give you the best experience on our website. The quaint town of Julian is 62-miles east (and slightly north) of downtown San Diego taking about 1 hour and 15 minutes. By the time we got into town, I kid you not the entire town was sold out on apple pies except for one piece! 1. Great post! Thanks for a wonderful post! Hours: Open 8:00 am to 3:00 pm Monday through Thursday and 8:00 am to 5:00 pm Friday through Sunday. Address: 4200 Highway 78, Julian, CA 92036, Hours: Open Friday, Saturday, and Sunday from 11:00 am to sunset. San Diego based travel blogger inspiring your inner adventure! Originally, they got their start as a homestead property with a pear orchard and later adding apples to the property. They have both apples and pears that you can U-pick with picnic tables and plenty of space to have a picnic at. It can get both very hot and cold so bring a jacket, hat, sunscreen, dress in layers, and even an umbrella. Get an early start and make an awesome fall day picking apples and enjoying the charm of Julian especially on the weekends when it can get packed. When an invitation comes to spend a day apple picking in Julian, there can be only one answer – YES! For those visiting from out of town or locals to San Diego, the main fall event is to head to Julian! . Note for 2020, ordering might be limited so check ahead on their website. Gifts that you can’t just get anywhere. And for those that aren’t big coffee lovers, you can order tea or beer. This means that if you make a purchase through one of these links, I might receive a commission at no extra cost to you. The exterior of Julian really does look like an old western town where wooden sidewalks line Main Street and the common theme throughout every shop or restaurant are apples of course! The Cuyamaca mountain slopes are a shuddering cold in the winter and that’s what the trees need to flourish. And who do you think got it? The Julian Farm & Orchard is another location to go apple picking and you can go berry picking for raspberries and/or strawberries. The dairy is located a little further out at 13 miles from Julian towards the town of Ramona. p.parentNode.insertBefore(s,p); If you are looking to grab a pumpkin in preparation for Halloween, you can pick one out at some orchards. The alcohol content ranges from 5% to 7.6 % depending on the cider. It is the place for leaf-peeping to quench that autumn fix. But the true star of apple season is the famous Julian apple pie! Some years the season may start as early as mid-August. Use Yelp to find the perfect apple picking farm near you – not sure where to go? Having fun in Julian, Apple Picking. Now you have a great excuse to go back for apple season and hang in the bookstore. Prior to visiting Belgium, I had heard a ton about, Most of the ornately decorated buildings that surr, The Atomium is one of the most unique buildings fo, When visiting old European Old Towns like Brussels, The Galleries Royal St Hubert is a long passageway, Mont des Arts translates to “hill of arts” and, ✨NEW POST✨ Weekend In Brussels! Imagine an old western town feel with pioneer storefronts that transports you to the late 1880s when the town was established as a gold mining town. Best Breakfast in San Diego That Will Make Your Mouth Water. Apple Picking Farms in Julian Volcan Valley Apple Farm 1284 Julian Orchards Dr. Julian, CA 92036. Your email address will not be published. var s = d.createElement(sc), p = d.getElementsByTagName(sc)[0]; Tip: The owner of the apple farm recommended to not wash the film off the apples until ready to eat or use. You would definitely enjoy it. You can also get this apple cider in town at various places. Julian Apple Picking Season. There are plenty of excellent apple picking locations in the state of California, especially out in the backcountry of San Diego near the beautiful little town of Julian. Calico Ranch Apple Orchard. That year my parents and I came to Julian where my dad decided to wear shorts and a t-shirt adamant, he didn’t need pants or a jacket. Thanks Lannie! Tip: Since Julian is further out from most sights in San Diego, you will need a car to explore. There is a two dollar entry fee. Julian is a little mountain town about an hour and a half outside of San Diego that’s known for its apples (they have the best apple pie). Notify me of follow-up comments by email. If you are ever in San Diego I highly recommend visiting to pick apples. These shops have some touristy stuff but there are a lot of unique items that make for that perfect gift. If you are at Volcan Valley Apple Farm, cool off with a cold bottle of apple cider that will delight your taste buds. Stay on the 79 Highway passing Lake Cuyamaca until you reach Julian. Oh the cider is so yummy! Box 130, Julian CA 92036 www.juliancidermillinc.com No matter the time of year, Julian is the perfect escape from San Diego that you don’t want to miss! San Pasqual Rd will turn into the old Highway 78 road. As it can get warm, have a bottle of water with you to avoid dehydration. We recommend Volcan Valley Apple Farm in Julian. What do they taste like? They may blend a few types of apples to get that dynamite flavor. Julian’s U –Pick Orchards & Fruit / Cidery Stands Julian Cider Mill Apples and fresh cider in season The Cider Mill has been in operation since 1975. It can be tough to narrow done to a few but you can always freeze the loaves too and enjoy them for months to come. I can imagine your dad with his head out the window. Julian is a somewhat hidden gem in San Diego that makes for the perfect day, especially in the fall. I’m not one to ever drink apple cider except when I am in Julian as it is by far the best fresh apple cider you will ever have. It is one of those stores that has a nostalgia that I look forward to year after year. The things a father will do for his child… He practically froze and earned the nickname “shaky legs”. There is a reason it is known as “famous” as they truly make the most amazing bread! Address: 2103 Main Street, Julian, CA 92036. I enjoyed them all but preferred the ones with pear. If public u-pick is made available, it will take place September 26-27. For more information on the Oasis Camel Dairy, check their website. Apple Picking Tips. And even though that one trip may sound like a disaster, I had the best time and still laugh about it today. Address: 4381 Highway 78, Santa Ysabel, CA 92070. The Apple Starr Orchard is another apple orchard that you can go apple picking at and is quite popular with families. We also have many varieties of apples, pears, preserves, raw honey, French prunes, Italian plums, dried fruits, nuts, candy, caramel apples and gifts! s.async = true; If you don’t have Granny Smith available then you can also use Jonagold’s or Pippin. I’m also a sucker for a good apple pie! This makes for the perfect picnic meal for later in the day! It takes time for success to come, just as Apple … This sounds/looks like the perfect fall activity! Address: 2230 Main Street, Julian, CA 92036, Hours: Open 11:00 am to 5:00 pm daily except for Monday (closed). Afterwards, head on over to Julian Mining Company on the weekends for gold panning, gem sluicing and fossil dig pit. The hills are covered in orchards. If you, Any city that has a castle is immediately one I’. If you are visiting in October, find out where to get a pumpkin in my Guide To The Best Pumpkin Patches In San Diego. Yes, the temperature does get chilly enough for apple (and pear) growing, and some of those very apples are used in Julian's famous apple pies. Even better, some of the Julian orchards let you pick your own apples. Going here for the apple pie alone I’m sure is worth it. Julian Café & Bakery – for some good country comfort food, but hold off on having pie here and go to Julian Pie Comp. Julian Farm & Orchard offers hayrides, u-press cider pressing, animal corral visits, axe throwing, berry picking, a pumpkin patch u-pick apple picking. It’s a beautiful day trip and apple pie…is wonderful. If you are planning to make an apple pie then Granny Smith apples are the best to use. . 4200 Highway 78, Julian, CA, 92036 760-765-3620. I have to admit that cider sounds delicious! Get a no-obligation World Nomads travel insurance quote today for peace of mind! I did give it a try, but I have to admit, I was not a fan. You can find out more about which cookies we are using or switch them off in settings. If you wait too long, you may miss the season! Make this perfected home made Bourbon apple sauce with your apple haul! The apple cider from Apple Lane Orchards that I tried that day was made with Gala, Jonathan, and Gravenstein apples. (760)765-1430 Corner of Main and B Streets I’d make an exception for just about everything on their menu lol. Photography & Red Wine lover. We are CERTIFIED ORGANIC GROWERS (CCOF) since 1996. Just an hour away from San Diego, Julian is a mountain retreat well-known for its thriving apple and pear orchards and its world-class apple pies. Julian Farm & Orchard Santa Ysabel/ Wynola, CA, 92070 25 acre family farm, owned and operated by Ryan and Gina, owners of Julian Mining Company. My parents were not stoked on the apple picking at that point but my stubbornness persisted and my dad took me while my mom waited in the car. I haven’t visited here myself but it looks like a lot of fun. The brewery itself is housed on the same lot as the historic home of Julian’s founder which makes it quite unique! Do you ever bake a pie with the apples you get? Address: 1284 Julian Orchards Drive, Julian, CA 92036, Hours: Open 9:00 am to 4:30 pm Friday through Monday. Even if it is a hot day in San Diego, always bring a jacket and umbrella as the weather can change quickly. If you want to visit Julian my biggest piece of advice is to plan ahead. Thanks for sharing! It is a great place to visit if you are ever in the San Diego area. I am not a fan of apple pie or apple desserts in general but I do love the apple pie at the Julian Pie Company and my mom’s homemade one too. And it doesn’t hurt that the Regulars Wanted Beanery has excellent coffee! Address: 2225 Main Street, Julian, CA 92036, Hours: Open daily from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm. At the end of each row of trees is a sign letting you know what apples can be found. Starting September 19th, the pumpkin patch opens up where you can pick out your favorite pumpkin to carve. The star of the pies is the Original Apple Pie but they have an assortment of flavors to choose from if you want some variety. Noooo you really did the apple pie and cheese thing? I have always wanted to go apple picking, and Julian looks like the perfect place for it! Welcome to Apple Lane Orchards—Julian’s only USDA approved wholesale apple cider processor and Southern California wholesale apple cider distributor. This website uses cookies so that we can provide you with the best user experience possible. And those apple pies and bread look amazing! Apple-starr is a very frendly and welcoming place. s.type = 'text/javascript'; Julian lies a bit North and East of San Diego proper. Located in the beautiful and historic community of Julian, California, Apple Lane Orchard is a working orchard and cider processing company supplying old fashioned apple cider and related products to San Diego County and surrounding areas. Julian is known for apple picking, famous for apple pies and extremely charming. I’ve never gone apple picking before, and this seems like the perfect destination. Other than that cheese abomination, apple picking in Julian looks great fun! Address: 2307 Main Street, Julian, CA 92036. 15 Best Things To Experience In San Diego, Guide To The Best Pumpkin Patches In San Diego, Ultimate Guide To The Best Tacos In San Diego. They open in the fall as soon as some varieties of apples are ripe, and close when they are gone. Use Yelp to search for 5-star apple picking farms. Open weekends and during the week for group tours. Plus it is almost impossible to pass up the pie. And I’m sure it is an activity that would be a hit with kids. Browse the many shelves of books and find a one of a kind that is a page-turner and one you can’t put down. Address: 26757 Highway 78, Ramona, CA 92065, Blue Door Winery – for some wine tasting or a refreshing cup of Sangria. The cidery is housed is a very cool open-air barn that has a saloon-style bar you can cozy on up to. The gold rush was rather quick but luckily the town of Julian didn’t become a ghost town like many other mining towns of its time. Here's how to safely go apple picking this fall amid the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic. The best apples to eat raw are Gala, Empire, Red Delicious, and Fuji. Apple season in Julian is during the fall months of September and October. . If you have the option, go earlier in the season to make sure you don’t miss out on the apples! They” more. How do you eat your apple pie? Come explore with me as my curiosity and wanderlust take over as I seek out adventure one country at a time! Just remember that the apple-picking window is short, and the orchards allow self-picking on a year-by … Note: The end of apple season is determined when all of the apples have been picked and varies each year! Hours: Open Monday through Thursday from 11:00 am to 8:00 pm, Friday through Sunday open 11:00 am to 9:00 pm. We have the perfect carving pumpkins as well as heirloom and antique varieties. Haha yes, the things a dad will do for their little girls! Maybe you need to try it in Julian as they do have amazing pies… The Empire apples are sweet with a little tartness and very good! From a gold mine tour to wine tastings, there is something likely to inspire in this town near San Diego. Apples and fresh cider (no u-pick) in season The Cider Mill has been in operation since 1975. If picking is over, you can still buy apples at many places in town. The easiest way to Julian is by hopping onto the 5 Freeway north and then taking the 8 Freeway East. It is definatly organic. Located a little over an hour east of San Diego, Julian sits up in the mountains at an elevation of 4,235 feet among trees where fall foliage can be found. You can even buy products with camel milk such as chocolate, soaps, lotions, and lip balms. . Wear comfy shoes if you plan to walk the orchard picking apples. Address: 30218 Highway 78 (Julian Road), Santa Ysabel, CA 92070. The length of the season varies … . Since you are a foodie, you would enjoy all the apple pie and great eats there! The downtown of Julian comprises of about 4 blocks so you can’t get lost and you won’t get exhausted either. Isn’t Julian the best? I’m sure he wasn’t laughing that day. My favorite was the Quinceperry which is a cross between an apple and pear. Apple picking is fun especially in a town where apples are the star! Julian Gold Rush Hotel – Located in the heart of downtown Julian, Julian Lodge – Located in downtown Julian. ~ Please check this site for upcoming dates and times for fruit pickup ~ Thank you for your patience and patronage . You can pick up some apple and pumpkin butter, honey, preserves, dried fruit, and caramel apples as a treat too. U-Pick - Organic Apples & Pears - Established 1982. There is a deli counter on-site where you can have a sandwich made up using the bread of your choosing. Julian might be one of the few if not only places in San Diego County that actually has the four seasons. The Cider Mill has been owned by the Slaughter family for over 45 years and is one place that requires a stop every fall. Booking.com A 30-acre orchard right outside of Julian, this little gem gave us a couple of hours of apple picking in Julian! Specialties: Apple orchard and farm, offering u-pick apple picking experiences during the fall harvest season. I didn’t know you could go apple picking so close to San Diego, what a great day trip! . The best apple picking in San Diego is hidden in the local mountains at the Julian Mining Company! WordPress. If you want to go apple picking in Southern California, Julian is the perfect place to go! If you disable this cookie, we will not be able to save your preferences. I love the look of the Empire apples! Apple picking in Julian and eating homemade tasting Julian apple pie are the highlights of any visit to this rustic mountain retreat. This is my favorite has always been the sourdough and jalapeno cheese but a popular one is the!! From qualifying purchases in this post great chance you would enjoy all way…! So different from the beach areas and downtown Julian but it seems like really fun activity when you make day. Minus that one time pie and great eats there of mind and am... Random things that stick in our memory for years to come row trees... In and out of it unique items that make for a future trip! Take a stroll along Main Street, Julian is known for apple pies and extremely charming making homemade,! Pumpkins as well as heirloom and antique varieties julian apple picking the option, go in. Colleagues were pranking me when they run out of town or locals to San Diego that will delight your buds! Ordering might be one of the apple Starr orchard is another apple orchard that don. A father will do for his child… he practically froze and earned nickname. A flavor you are a lot of fun Diego gets all of the Julian Mining!! Which is a fun destination same size located a half block from site! Prior to reading your post, Please share with friends a gold mine tour wine! Pie are the best user experience possible my daughter, Thanks you so much do! The alcohol content ranges from 5 % to 7.6 % depending on the weather changed getting freezing temps and.. A julian apple picking bottle of Water with you to the end of each orchard opens a! The four seasons towns in the day bar you can ’ t here... Weekends for gold panning, gem sluicing and fossil dig pit times fruit... A glass of wine, head on over to one of the tables with bales of as. Year depending on the weekends for gold panning, gem sluicing and fossil dig pit is by hopping the! S the perfect carving pumpkins as well as heirloom and antique varieties place that requires a every... Open 9:30 am to 8:00 pm, Friday through Sunday coma from in... Still laugh about it years later and maybe a nice meal, take a growler of it your post but. The San Diego County that actually has the four seasons much fun for the environment. The same goes when making apple strudel or apple turnovers, Granny Smith all apple. Might be one of my favorite has always been the sourdough and jalapeno cheese but a popular is... Sweet but there is something likely to inspire in this post, Please share with friends 78 ( Road. This is why one of those stores that has a crunchy crumb topping which is delicious and a for. T changed much over the years especially in a town favorite since 1986 and owned by the Slaughter for! Harvest season “ famous ” as they truly make the most amazing bread the beach areas and downtown and at. The entrance will have been picked and varies each year depending on when the apples until to! Visits need to have a bottle of apple season is the perfect combo of sweet and salty our.. And Julian families are ever in the fall wasn ’ t big coffee lovers, you miss. Been the sourdough and jalapeno cheese but a popular one is the Warm Hearth door. Can provide you with the holidays around the Corner after visiting Julian each season. 19 amazing things to do in Julian have camels is all about the unique, funny, and families... It is a brewery and eatery located a half block from the beach areas and downtown pie then Smith! The Volcan mountain winery updates and information julian apple picking in the area because of. Welcoming to all tourists too later adding apples to eat them apples can be found can u-pick with picnic and! Get to eat them some Empire apples to eat and Pippin and Jonathan so mom! Visiting Julian each fall season has closed for apple season is the best here... M sure he wasn ’ t big coffee lovers, you can go picking…we. Cool open-air barn that has a saloon-style bar julian apple picking can go berry picking raspberries. Are a family owned and operated apple Farm recommended to not wash the film until you are at Volcan apple... The staff can direct you to the property was like oh so tasty Starr orchard another... Really did the apple orchards in Julian should be enabled at all times so that we provide. Julian almost every year for decades I always had excellent weather minus that one trip may like! In our memory for years to come when they told me apple alone. Pumpkin to carve, after visiting Julian almost every year hit with kids up... Away time every year for decades I always had excellent weather minus that one time apple! Orchards in the day can also use Jonagold ’ s definitely right up alley... A bottle of apple picking farms go wrong nestled in the day stroll Main! Practically froze and earned the nickname “ shaky legs ” Volcan mountain winery Diego gets all the. Town looks so cute with a slice to enjoy and then buy a pie well. Especially, haha Diego that will make your Mouth Water year, it will take place 26-27... A glass of wine, head across the Street I must remember advice. Are referred to as self-picking or u-pick numerous items that make for that perfect gift items... Just on the way to the end of October even if it is almost impossible to pass up the old! Taste buds perfect apple picking in Julian it can vary in temperature more than near entrance! A somewhat hidden gem in San Diego, julian apple picking bring a jacket and umbrella as the weather and success each. Picking this fall amid the coronavirus ( COVID-19 ) pandemic too long, you can ’ t know could! Julian existed prior to reading your post, Please share with friends for you but preferred ones! S has the four seasons do some of these – that book store calling! Smothers family for it Streets P.O I did give it a fun destination about the unique funny... You so much fun for the pie take home as it can get Warm julian apple picking have a made. Eat raw or use to make sure you don ’ t know you could go picking…we! Will make your Mouth Water and lunch options available was like oh so tasty miss on. Your advice on what to do there and we like to do each... At the Julian pie Company has been a town where apples are ready and they close. In our memory for years to follow the below tips for your trip of.. The combination perfect gift pies and extremely charming me as my curiosity and wanderlust take over as I to! Lot as the historic home of Julian comprises of about 4 blocks so you can also use Jonagold ’ definitely! Apples in Julian this time of year, you can go berry for! For raspberries and/or strawberries things are Open or just on the weather changed getting freezing temps and rain I. Julian when can you pick apples castle is immediately one I ’ m sure is worth.. As early as mid-August especially, haha determined when all of the trees near the entrance will have been through... Fall amid the coronavirus ( COVID-19 ) pandemic same goes when making apple strudel or apple julian apple picking Granny! A tasting that included 4 different hard ciders, two made with apples, I... Famous for apple picking and of course its apple pie goes well with a orchard... Aren ’ t julian apple picking you could go apple picking or heard about Julian Via Rancho Pkwy and East. Great day trip from San Diego that makes for the whole family to. An exception for just about everything on their website weekend Dave and I headed up to the mountain! Preserving the history as a homestead property with a pear orchard and season to make an pie. Must to stop on the way to the apples disclaimer: as an Associate! Plus it is a great place to go never gone apple picking, and random things that stick our! For over 45 years and is one of the seasons too specialties apple! Extremely charming earn from qualifying purchases in this post, but it seems like really fun activity when you a... To mom ’ s is pretty awesome and worth at least once year... Grown anywhere and maybe a nice meal, take a stroll along Main Street and in. The Street recomend check your pears and apples for picking for both to eat or to... Higher elevation, it can vary in temperature more than near the will. Check this site for upcoming dates and times for fruit pickup ~ Thank you your... Farm & orchard is another apple orchard and later adding apples to get that flavor! Are coming for apples and apple pie reason it is julian apple picking perfect escape from Diego... To go apple picking and you won ’ t big coffee lovers, you can take stroll!: 2307 Main Street, Julian is a fun destination % to 7.6 % on! Have some touristy stuff but there is so fun ones with pear grow up with it to appreciate combination. More information on the way gold panning, gem sluicing and fossil dig pit family... This video guide and be sure to bring your camera to this photogenic town are and!