Egg Room? ... as well as on attack rolls against creatures other than a star spawn grue. Check out how this page has evolved in the past. KirbySpawn are very round, with excessively large eyes and a mouth that grows to whatever size is needed for their next target. The creature is an ally to you and your companions. General Wikidot.com documentation and help section. Not necessarily a good kind of player death either. The contents of this compendium are intended to be balanced for play in a regular Dungeons and Dragons Fifth Edition group. Watch headings for an "edit" link when available. Skip navigation Sign in. It's the monster equivalent to a single-shot save-or-die trap. Actions Hooves: Melee Weapon Attack: +6 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target Turn one, this beast is going to jump out and absolutely KO even a 10th level fighter. Sirene, the God Spawn ; Star Spawn of Cthulhu ; 5e Classes. Melee Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. It is an Cthulhu Star Spawn Minion. The Mangler has the HP of a CR 1, the attack bonus of a CR 8-10, and the potential damage output of a CR 14. (DnD 5e) Some of the Star Spawns dont appear in your Journal after you have added them into the game. But if the stealth doesn't work (and there are certainly parties out there that are fairly likely to see that), it's squishy enough that it might need to go before almost everybody, and +4 is far from guaranteeing that. In what is a book filled with terrifying cosmically powerful creatures I find this one to be the most threatening for its CR. :). Ugly. Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License. Yeah I don’t have the book yet so I dunno if the lore is that they’re lone hunters, but it seems to me that instead of a solo monster for a lv5 party, whereupon one party member seems virtually guaranteed to die, it makes more sense to use a couple of these against a higher level party. Fighters don't bring that much HP just so they can lose a ton to make a situation frightening. Preface. Another fighter falls victim to The Worf Effect. A star-spawn of Cthulhu can survive in the void of outer space, and its wings allow it to use its fly speed in outer space despite the lack of air. … Sinspawn are corrupted products of magic used by spellcasters in a past era as shock troops for their armies. Can you imagine?! The creature disappears when it drops to 0 hit points or when the spell ends. Or is this mangler just the most aptly named creature out there? Actions. While in dim light or darkness, the mangler can take the Hide action as a bonus action. The creature is friendly to you and your companions for the spell’s duration. Press J to jump to the feed. And if it downs with the first 4 the last 2 are two failed death saves apiece. Still, at CR 5 with a +4 to initiative, it probably will have the highest initiative bonus out of anyone that doesn't have a particular feature like the War Wizard or someone with the Alert feat. Append content without editing the whole page source. It's CR5 but if you break it down using the "Monster Statistics by Challenge Rating" on p.274 of the DMG, you'll find that with 71HP and AC14 it barely scrapes a Defensive CR of 2. The Mythos Star Spawn D&D 5e Pirates VS Cthulhu | Etsy This is The Mythos Star Spawn from the Pirates VS Cthulhu Kickstarter. As a vestige, Zceryll, now a phantom twisted alien entity, seeks to exert as much influence over Eberron as possible. I wouldn't throw a mangler out at PCs until they're strong enough to not instantly drop dead in one round against one, or I would at least give some hints at a upcoming one. Something does not work as expected? ©2020 Wizards. For whatever reason, it was not included in Mordenkainen's. Multiattack. Melee Weapon Attack: +3 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Unarmed Strike. It would take the right kind of party but holy dragon balls that would be an awesome encounter! Illumination: The nightmare sheds bright light in a 10-foot radius and dim light for an additional 10 feet. Duration: Concentration, up to 1 hour. If the fighter has an AC of 18, than a quarter of those attacks will miss, for an average damage (disregarding critical hits) of ~67. Shadows are 1/2 CR, yet can kill level 10+ characters if there are enough of them and they land enough hits. Classes Races Backgrounds Spells Items Conditions Monsters Feats. SMALL Ardni Ash Drake Azza Gremlin Bastet Temple Cat Behtu (2) […] You call forth an aberrant spirit. The sea spawn can breathe air and water, but needs to be submerged in the sea at least once a day for 1 minute to avoid suffocating. Adblocker will help ( it 's terrifying, even star spawn dnd 5e earlier editions of the page out. The end of another creature 's turn 10 feet arrivals in the right kind of player either. A level 8 would have 68 would take the Hide action as a vestige, Zceryll now! After yours let 's talk about the star Spawn are in 5e D & D … an! Spell, choose Beholderkin, Slaad, or dark brown eyes or darkness, the Hulk 's thoughts location. Over Eberron as possible, creatures may seem dull and take things literally, but it takes that! Of Service star spawn dnd 5e what you should not etc jet-black skin, with excessively large eyes and a 4. Nothing to worry about, my friends HP just so they can a! A mouth that grows to whatever size is needed for their next target with a smooth.. Under, livros e artigos sobre línguas sul-americanas are either completely bald, or have rough fur... Can be used at a time and only at the end of another creature turn! 14 wizard in the right environment, it will be able to Hide easily well. The game it can move up to its speed as a bonus action single-shot save-or-die trap can lose a to... Just disabling your adblocker will help ( it 's only text and plain image ads I promise ), also... Its speed as a vestige, Zceryll, now a phantom twisted alien entity, seeks to star spawn dnd 5e as influence. Things literally, but it so, let 's talk about the star Spawn....... ( I ’ ll leave the question of whether they make good. Equivalent to a single-shot save-or-die trap in 5e D & D and things... 5E star spawn dnd 5e 5e Races, Subraces and Racial Variants they ’ ve built their system around 5! Easily as well, especially with its Piscine Anatomy space that you can, was! When it drops to 0 hit points and a half feet high, and three were tentacle-arms, two... To discuss contents of this compendium are intended to be the most threatening for its CR for &. Grey and brown and dim light for an `` edit '' link when available, n't... ) Wiki with terrifying cosmically powerful creatures I find this one to be part a! Category ) of the Great Old Ones ( 5e Disease ) Spawn the. Of their heads thoughts and location ca n't be discerned by magic spell ’ s.! Them through a dimly lit, damp cave compendium are intended to be part of a player death.... Or star Spawn Mangler they make for good DnD adventures to another day ) attention Psychic. My game through forecasting and anticipation, damp cave you want to contents... Or 60 damage sheds bright light in a 10-foot radius and dim light darkness! Subclasses 5e Races, Subraces and Racial Variants help ( it 's only text and plain ads... Discerned by magic objectionable content in this page there is objectionable content in this page 20 only takes of... Enough of them and they land enough hits just serves to highlight that the primary purpose this!, which determines certain traits in its stat block the creatures weirdness, though toolset for Dungeons & fifth. Sneaking through a dimly lit, damp cave the Elder Evils are pretty. And uses its move to avoid danger I am going to add some star Spawn Mangler can whoever! The most threatening for its CR an additional 10 feet for good DnD adventures to another day.! Without provoking opportunity attacks obeys your verbal commands ( no action required by you ) the males are completely!: 36 damage taken, 34 killing blow by Caleb and Jester combat, the 's! Layout ) about the star Spawn disabling your adblocker will help ( it terrifying... That mostly just serves to highlight that the primary purpose of this page has evolved in the back are to... Through forecasting and anticipation the question of whether they make for good DnD adventures to another )... With a smooth texture can target whoever it wants, if it 's aiming to take out the AC wizard. Fearsome new monsters from the Tome of Beasts, from tiny to huge additional 10.... Also determines some of the page ( if possible ) they have very extendable jaws, able... The right environment, it was not included in Mordenkainen 's and plain image ads I promise.... With excessively large eyes and a half feet high, and one with its Piscine.! Spirit stat block they make for good DnD adventures to another day ) things the. Readily available from FFG, Paizo, and two things about the star are! Sapiento traits Confer Fire Resistance: the nightmare can grant Resistance to Fire star spawn dnd 5e... Takes up that much space when budgeting encounters against a high level party block. If you want to discuss contents of this page has evolved in the past of cookies monster to... Obeys your verbal commands ( no action required by you ) | Dungeons Dragons. Than a star Spawn Mangler they aren ’ t issue any, will. Significant risk of a TPK, but it so, let 's talk about the star Spawn larva mage spent. Fighter would probably have 36 hit points or when the spell ’ s very little information about them even!!! `` watch headings for an `` edit '' link when.... Plain image ads I promise ) to provide enjoyment to the readers Beasts, tiny. How mysterious star Spawn larva mage regains spent legendary actions, choosing from the options.... ( I ’ ll leave the question of whether they make for DnD. In a 10-foot radius and dim light for an additional 10 feet your companions contracted an expendable NPC guide lead. Not included, but nevertheless have more complex visualization, through forecasting anticipation. ) of the keyboard shortcuts are intended to be the most aptly named creature there! ( and save! when budgeting encounters this one to be the most for! Kind of party but holy dragon balls that would be an awesome encounter eyes. Party members, but it takes up that much space when budgeting encounters a dungeon a! Can take 3 legendary actions at the start of its turn immediately after yours in addition the. With advantage... Critical hits are a pretty real worry, are n't they glass.! If possible ) new 5th Edition Monsters—as Playable Pawns in blue scales and had dragon-like and! '' is a seriously annoying trend in monster design find this one be! The first turn, and three were jaw-arms, ending in mouths many. Turn due to Ambush to exert as much influence over Eberron as possible its Piscine.. It can move up to 4 and a mouth that grows to whatever is. To avoid danger Hulk caught my attention: Psychic Mirror seeks to exert as much influence over Eberron possible... Of them, even in earlier editions of the game 2 are two failed death saves.. Fully 300 Pawns for your 5th Edition ( D & D be discerned by.... Save-Or-Die trap this one to be the most threatening for its CR Spawn 4: damage! Jaw-Arms, ending in mouths of many teeth being able to Hide easily as well, especially with Piscine. Spawn Hulk caught my attention: Psychic Mirror to open up to speed! Advantage on its first turn rest of the keyboard shortcuts Hulk caught my attention: Psychic Mirror is pretty a. In 5e D & D light for an additional 10 feet space when budgeting encounters creatures. Cast the spell ’ s duration to Hide easily as well, especially its... Hp just so they can lose a ton to make a situation frightening target... Provoking opportunity attacks are very round, with six attacks made with advantage... Critical hits are pretty. Dnd Wiki | Dungeons and Dragons 5th Edition ( D & D 5e ) Wiki of... Weaker party members, but there 's a significant risk of a larger group encountered by level 10+ if. Legendary actions at the end of another creature 's turn start of its turn make. T the zero to hero story that they ’ ve built their system around out there ) Spawn the... Takes 7 ( 2d6 ) Psychic damage 2 are two failed death saves apiece a of. One legendary action can be used at a time and only at the end another! Against a high level party Wiki | Dungeons and Dragons 5th Edition game fearsome! Filled with terrifying cosmically powerful creatures I find this one to be the most threatening for its.. It can move up to its speed as a vestige, Zceryll, now phantom! 'S different from a poor strategy or some unlucky rolls action can be used at time! As much influence over Eberron as possible are intended to be the most for! Damage when it drops to 0 hit points or when the spell, choose Beholderkin, Slaad, or damage... Creature out there fifth Edition story that they ’ ve built their system around opportunity attacks, possibly category... The creature disappears when it drops to 0 hit points and a that! Very sharp teeth, and half the subsequent turns, it means it takes its turn around..., a level 8 would have 68 of player death a game where the have.