One way this could work is by ripping space via wormholes. I wanted to discuss some of these theories, what they are and how they could work and problems they may have. Stein's gate holds such a significance , simply because the word, onto itself means absolutely nothing, but whatever concept it is used to describe is important. STEINS;GATE is the second collaborative work between 5pb and Nitroplus with a science-fiction/adventure theme. Chap. Could Tachyons actually exist? He also found that Schwarzschild was wrong in thinking it would collapse into a point like star but rather it would become a spinning ring. But there's a catch. Some have suggested then that one way to get out of the problem is to say that space is illusory and we are living in a Matrix. Since it is Superluminal on a Spacetime Interpretation (Einstein-Minkowski STR), it would go backwards in time, since anything faster than light can do so (note in another Interpretation of Special Relativity called neo-Lorentzian STR this would not happen since it has an absolute reference frame and is A-Theoretical). The 12th theory that could even blaspheme God-- That is a product of chance we obtained. But there's a catch. Time leaping this far back caused a major divergence, but it also had serious consequences for Okabe. One possibility I can think of is Gamma Okabe being brain dead from the failed time leap cause the divergence, because this Okabe is dead in 2036, the resistance like Suzuha was/were able to time travel back to 2000 and stop Y2k from happening, thus succeed in stopping Committee of 300 from ruling the world. Roy Kerr who is mentioned in Steins;Gate noted that objects spin faster as they shrink, so that Black Holes would spin at enormous rates. Gamma's Okabe becomes a true mad scientist, he only joins the lab in order to spy on them and acquire informations about time travel. "Hyde Of The Dark Dimension": Mr.Hyde is obviously Hououin Kyouma (and Okabe is Dr.Jekyll as specified by Moeka during the plot). – Steins;Gate Time Travel Theory – It’s important for you to understand how the theory of time travel works in Steins;Gate. And thought about some of the theories mentioned in Steins;Gate. I reached almost the same conclusions, although i would like to point out a few key differences that would, hopefully, complete the puzzle: I agree that the Gamma World Line is the original one. Cosmic Strings are also mentioned in the Steins;Gate VN. That's the story that a LN called "Annularly-Chained Ouroboros" touches. Adopting the persona of a mad scientist, he spends his time developing oddball gadgets with his friends in their makeshift laboratory. This means that the world stays in the Beta Worldline. Bell himself suggested to go back to neo-Lorentzian STR due to this seeming faster than light issue and to avoid problems with backwards causation, interestingly Karl Popper the Great Philospher of Science agreed, however this is incompatible with time-travel which is real in Steins;Gate). One possibility I can think of is Gamma Okabe being brain dead from the failed time leap cause the divergence, because this Okabe is dead in 2036, the resistance like Suzuha was/were able to time travel back to 2000 and stop Y2k from happening, thus succeed in stopping Committee of 300 from ruling the world. Maybe, but the only way to spot an unreliable narrator is to either 1. know the full story or 2. get another character's perspective. First of all, it was already very coincidental that Okabe had basically described SERN and the Committee with that statement despite being from the Beta Worldline (at least starting from episode 1). Interesting I would never came up with this, and it makes me think. The part-time warrior from downstairs tells Okabe about the search for her missing father. I don't know, the kind of speech that Naruto Uzumaki gives to Sasuke Uchiha. On the A-Theory time-travel is impossible as you can tell because the past no longer exists to go back to (interestingly I have a friend who has a physics degree and noted that he was never taught these views concerning the Philosophy of time). I don't think this is such a case, or at least, as most of the points that I just quoted, I don't have a single reason to believe otherwise if we count the multiple pieces of media there are about Steins;Gate. However even with these the amount of energy required would be on the level of a Black Hole or huge star (the negative energy would be similar to the mass of Jupiter) let alone holding it open. The part-time warrior from downstairs tells Okabe about the search for her missing father. This is sometimes merely called QM which can be confusing to those who are not familiar with Quantum Mechanics, as if it is the only Interpretation, since it is the Orthodox or Standard one it can be abbreviated OQM or SQM respectively. Yup. I'm more inclined towards the Superstring theory as it is slowly supporting the theories of multiple dimensions which can explain the prospect of alternate universes or many worlds. There are many different theories for time travel. The Y2K happened: therefore Okabe's parents died; he got separated from Mayuri, he probably lived a life similar to the one Yuugo Tennouji had (Is this why in the audio cd we hear FB speaking orders instead of texting them? Other than those two things, I 100% agree with your other comments. First being published back in October 15th 2009, multiple copies have been published since for most platforms until November 26th 2016 on the PlayStation 4. A further explanation on this would be helpful. This is what causes the fever that almost killed him, he spends an entire month processing the memories of his Alter Ego and Hououin Kyouma "shares a room" with the original Okabe. Meanwhile, the aspiring mad scientist is troubled by a mysterious text message. ", And just like that, it not only debunks my counter point, but rather solidifies the entire theory. And that, roughly speaking, is time travel by means of cosmic string theory~Kurisu Makise. So I am implying that Okabe from 1999 couldn't possibly had a cellphone , which was a must for Okabe to time leap . Who could be Kurisu spying the FG Lab of the Gamma WL for, though? For example.. "STEINS;GATE", based on the anime currently being broadcast has finally been released for Google play! All the time travel conspiracies are just theory No one has been able to create a working model on it.these theories are used by Sci -fi entertainment companies to create shows that people would be mesmerized to watch.Such an example is STIENS -GATE Idk practically all this stuff I knew already so for someone like me it would be easier. In order for the GSL not to be violated the entropy (the amount of disorder in a physical system) of some other matter must increase to compensate for the decrease in entropy as the Horizon shrinks however since the decrease in entropy is infinite nothing would be able to compensate for that. To give an easy explanation of the experiment using as I mentioned earlier Quantum Entanglement (remember the wormholes were Quantum Entangled, also note I am trying to make this all as simple as possible). With that out of the way, you need three things in order to travel to the past with cosmic string theory. So with that out of the way let’s get into some other more specific time-travel theories in Steins;Gate at least in the Visual Novel (VN). It already does. That's because time moves slower on the surface due to Gravity thus making a time-dilation to occur. courage and drive) to do so previously? A significant and important event, object, location, or time period . Second: Even if you do find the strings, you need the energy to make them move at near-light speed. First I want to start off with what we know is a plausible inference based on the events in Steins;Gate as to its view of the Philosophy of Time, Special Relativity, and Quantum Mechanics. It's Luka REEE, tho R/Luka is exchangeable, Luka appeared in every source material except for the anime which is being the oddball with "Ruka" "Congroo". In a sense, kinda, but S;G 0 is a midquel, not a true prequel. Steins;Gate 0 Spoilers ahead: I mean, the Dr.Jekyll and Mr.Hyde concept is the whole reason behind Okabe's character: in the first Steins;Gate he lets his "mad scientist" personality run wild and this results in endless suffering. Released on October 2009 for the Xbox 360, it won the highest Famitsu Award (Japanese video game magazine). One of the problems is that Einstein’s GTR (General Theory of Relativity) is incompatible with Quantum Mechanics and so we are still looking for a unification that works called a Quantum Theory of Gravity (which Steins;Gate also mentions). Okabe has a normal upbringing, he doesn't become a rounder, the events develop in a similiar way to the Alpha World Line and, at this point, Suzuha manages to avoid the Y2K by going back in time like she did in the Alpha World Line. Movie rating: 8.2 / 10 (388) Directed by: Tomoki Kobayashi. (Probably). 0kabe supposedly arranged everything so Okabe could eventually reach the Steins;Gate Worldline. Adapted from the critically acclaimed visual novel by 5pb. The law of conservation of energy is a theorem concerning quantities that have to be calculated and added together, with no mention of the machinery, and likewise the great laws of mechanics are quantitative mathematical laws for which no machinery is available. Meanwhile, the aspiring mad scientist is troubled by a mysterious text message. I personally think that the theory is very probable. Like Okabe, I was also born in 1991, and I know both my parents had a cell phone for work in 99. By Ayub On Dec 16, 2020. Perhaps he was waiting for a call from someone (like a grandparent) for his birthday? Yes, but maybe he didn't have the tools (i.e. It is possible, and it's proven in S;G 0, but in the VN, Kurisu explains why it "can't go past 48 hours", which is one of the core parts of my theory. Leaving your theory and the fact that Okabe never builds a time machine by himself aside, that statement sounds like an actual hole in the story told by the Gamma CD Drama. Directed by Kazuhiro Ozawa. And finally concerning Quantum Mechanics (QM, a.k.a. One problem for the Graviton was that Gravity Waves of which are suppose to be composed of a large number of gravitons had not been detected. What do you think Hououin-san? Otherwise, this makes no sense. This website saves cookies to your browser in order to improve your online experience and show you personalized content. Steins;Gate. Ruka says that she remembers it being brought to Yanabayashi Shrine, but can't remember when it disappeared. It sounds like you're looking way too much into Kyouma Hououin's comments, but eh, there's nothing that absolutely denies the possibility, I guess. Please make the timelines, I'd be interested to see your take! Genres Anime Subtitles English [CC] Audio languages English. Two of them are necessary. Transit time through the tunnel is zero, no matter how far away the second hole is~ Kurisu Makise. Press J to jump to the feed. The latest experiment for Okabe and his lab mates leads to the disappearance of one of their own. While I'm taking my time, I wonder how much research the author needs to do before writing stein's gate. The so-called 'exotic matter'. Part 134: Faris NyanNyan proposes a theory Bewildering me, the man draws closer and suddenly bends over. As the name implies, this is a 100% completion guide for the Steins;Gate VN (visual novel). All we know the way to switch from Gamma to Beta is preventing Y2k from happening, so how does Gamma Okabe time leap back and made his young self have Reading Steiner stop Y2k from happening?Young Okabe got Reading Steiner at the dawn of Y2k and he is at his home "sick", so his action can't change the event of Y2k. Although on the surface Steins Gate did take in both Titor's existence and parts of the MWI, the underlying theory is completely different. Since its series and film follow-ups were released years later, there is a good chance you never knew that this classic… And made one spin up, it instantaneously would cause the other to spin down. The title of the drama CD really inspired me. Along with its deep dive in multiverse theory, the butterfly effect, and several other aspects about time travel, Steins;Gate weaves a tale of relationships and the support or trauma they can bring someone. and Nitroplus.It follows a self-proclaimed mad scientist named Rintarō Okabe who, along with his friends, invents a microwave that can send text messages into the past, leading to him discovering that he retains his memory between alternate timelines. Okabe's suffering in Alpha/Beta finally has meaning. I guess i'll pick up your challenge, OP. Steins;Gate Episode 8 Chaos Theory Homeostasis - I. TV-14 | HD (1080p) | 2011 Changing the past only makes the future worse. This is what he says, but it could still be fit into my theory easily one of two ways: 1. It is the eventuality of an anomaly, which despite Woute's sincerest efforts, he has been unable to eliminate from what is otherwise a harmony of mathematical precision. On this view things go into being and out of being and is the common sense view of time (I think this is the correct view of time but that’s not important for our present purposes in thinking of a world in which time-travel is possible). There isn’t any empirical confirmation of Cosmic Strings but it faces the same devastating problem as Black Holes and Wormholes namely the Generalized Second Law of Thermodynamics. I agree with the first part, not so much with the second. Only with the perfect balance of the two of them combined, our protagonist manages to uncover the mystery to reach The Steins Gate World Line. I’m going to make some timeline graphs and whatnot on my free time and see if I can come up with a reasonable sequence of events that could make this work. I know there are stories where such a thing as an unreliable narrator do exist, but normally, those kind of stories are eventually solved on their own at some point later in the story. Meaning that Kurisu is dead and her father was able to run with her time travel theories. Linking the events of a specially weird and also vague CD Drama to those happening in the main series doesn't sound like a good idea anyways, honestly. The tunnel suffers from Super Gravity, and collapses as soon as it opens. Theoretically, there should be an episode 1B, where 0kabe goes to the Nakabachi lecture, but at the very minimum, the following things have to be changed:(list). Watch "Steins;Gate" Chaos Theory Homeostasis II online. Saving them is the whole reason why Okabe suffers the horrors of Alpha and Beta. Season 1. Something got scrambled in the message back to Ruka 's mom's pager and caused the world line to shift to Gamma. In the original time line he doesn't get found out until the raid at the lab; we can also clearly grasp from the drama CD that this Okabe is stronger than Suzuha and ruthless: therefore Suzuha doesn't manage to stop him from capturing them. Meh, there's no reason to look much more into it, in my opinion. Add to Queue; Trailer ; Share . I am sure you understand what I am trying to say . He went back to save her life to begin with, how can he let himself fail? Steins;Gate made a point of keeping the time travel fairly grounded, despite being a story that has time travel in it. The latest experiment for Okabe and his lab mates leads to the disappearance of one of their own. 0. The Let's Play Archive Steins;Gate by ProfessorProf ‹ Part #133 Part #135 › Return to LP Index. So, if you use two cosmic strings, you can do a space deficit jump. Since 2009, the STEINS; GATE series has sold over 1,000,000 copies! Chances are a lot as most don't know this stuff. Oops, sorry, I didn't read down far enough before replying to your other thing, but I'm going to leave it because I don't want to restructure. Steins;Gate ' s gameplay requires little interaction from the player as most of the duration of the game is spent reading the text that appears on the screen, which represents either the dialogue between the various characters or the thoughts of the protagonist. First of all, it was already very coincidental that Okabe had basically described SERN and the Committee with that statement despite being from the Beta Worldline (at least starting from episode 1). While they were popularized in Nov 2000, perhaps his mom or dad had one before then? It would be unstable and have high amounts of radiation. We actually now have empirical confirmation it seems for negative mass involving a negative liquid scientists made in a lab. The wormhole tunnel is all squished and squashed like this fist of mine. I hope they make a story like this, because you sir are a genius! Secondly, I was originally going to point this out as a counter point to the theory since if this was what the original Kyouma wanted, then how was he a dictator placed among the 300? But I don't understand how could Okabe could time-leap to 1999 . They are bound together and one must prevail over the other without being able to completely getting rid of his counterpart. In the VN, Kurisu mentions that although there are many theories, 11 of them are widely accepted in the scientific world. Note that the CGs, achievements, and tips you get by normally progressing through the VN have been left off this guide. and Nitroplus, Steins;Gate takes Okabe through the depths of scientific theory and practicality. From the visual novel and anime/manga series Steins;Gate , where the term is used as a name for the ideal World Line. From the visual novel and anime/manga series Steins;Gate , where the term is used as a name for the ideal World Line. Anyway besides the problems of even surviving and having the capabilities to do this which seems nigh impossible, it has a devastating weakness of only allowing future time-travel so seems to deficient for Steins;Gate. But they explain nothing~ Ludwig Wittgenstein, Very well written I'm lost in thought now, Damn you know your physics lol. If one hit the ring, well let’s just say no Steins;Gate sequel for that person. Steins;Gate 0 is the result of a different ending from the Steins;Gate. Does he still recognize Kurisu and send the d-mail about her death? The story of Steins;Gate takes place in Akihabara and is about a group of friends who have customized their microwave into a device that can send text messages to the past. and Nitroplus, Steins;Gate takes Okabe through the depths of scientific theory and practicality. Enter Tachyons. Stein's gate holds such a significance , simply because the word, onto itself means absolutely nothing, but whatever concept it is used to describe is important. I responded to your theory some time ago when you explained to to me and I have to say, I’m even more convinced, I’m going to give it up some thought, because this is actually very much so plausible, for example explaining how it is initially implied that Suzuha stopped Y2K even though we see in s;g:0 this isn’t quite the case. Here's some more credence to this theory, and I think it almost makes it completely foolproof. Steins;Gate Episode 10 Chaos Theory Homeostasis - III. No one has since given any machinery. The Author could also learn from other people. Here is the million dollar question: How did Gamma Okabe time leap to his younger self create a major divergence point which switch from Gamma to Beta?This is a paramount point that backed this whole theory so it is significant to answer this. Him going back really far isn't what explicitly caused the divergence, but rather the effects of it. Michio Kaku: What Put the Bang in the Big Bang. Many assume that Einstein-Minkowski STR rules out anything going faster than light. She appears to be just the perfect tool in order to convince the other Lab Members of his "Good Guy" act. I can see where you're coming from overall, but with the drive to save her in S;G is so strong that I think it has to partially come from Gamma, so that's why I think she's a factor. And that's why we need something to negate the effect of gravity. Adapted from the critically acclaimed visual novel by 5pb. Steins;Gate 100% Completion Flowchart Guide Greetings! Tachyons are peculiar in that if they lose energy they actually gain speed and if they gain energy they can slow to light speed. Did 0kabe hear a scream? I made a blog similar to this I have yet to post. Everybody get your water goggles on, we are about to go shipping! With Mamoru Miyano, Asami Imai, Kana Hanazawa, Tomokazu Seki. Forced across the diverging threads of past and present, Okabe must shoulder the burdens that come with holding the key to the realm of time. An ordered and nicely arranged book would be Highly Ordered and there is one way to order it for it to be correct (corresponding to the entropy being low), however if all the pages fell out it would be jumbled (Highly disordered) and there are many ways this can be corresponding to High Entropy. Forced across the diverging threads of past and present, Okabe must shoulder the burdens that come with holding the key to the realm of time. By the way, so nobody misunderstands, cosmicstring theory is different from superstring theory. If you revolve back to your original location, you can return to the same time you started revolving. Thus while Earth's time will seem to speed up towards the future, for the one on the Neutron Star it's actually slowed down. I'm not sure if I like that too much, though. This covers how to get all of the endings, event CGs, achievements, tips, and notable scenes & conversations in the VN. He probably enjoys his power and grows quite fond of it, then he wants even more: he decides to challenge time itself (probably in order to achieve some sort of immortality) by developing a time-leap machine (I assume that Kurisu didn't invent one in this wordline). You can think of the crack as something the width of an elementary particle, and at least the length of a galaxy~ Kurisu Makise. One of these is Neutron Star Theory in which the Star (which is a remnant of a massive star after gravitational collapse that tried to become a black hold but couldn't) has a high density and gravity thus one on the surface who overcomes gravity will undergo a gravitational time-dilation (a teaspoon of an Neutron Star weighs about 10 million tons). It may be a little more realistic than cosmic string theory. Read our Privacy Policy and Cookie Policy to get more information and learn how to set up your preferences. Newton made no hypotheses about this; he was satisfied to find what it did without getting into the machinery of it. Steins;Gate (シュタインズ・ゲート, Shutainzu Gēto) is an anime adaptation of a visual novel game of the same name by 5pb. You're describing a causal loop. Heavy stuff. Maybe young Okabe did retain his previous memories, but he was so small at the time he could not find out the difference between his memories and the new world line, or he simply forgot about it over time. Razzle dazzle Gamma bamboozle USA and kadokawa shoten for good part of.! `` original '' world line changed made no hypotheses about this ; he was waiting for a from! 'S mom 's pager and caused the divergence Okabe Rintarou was living in before he sent... Leaping this far back caused a divergence came up with this, and think... Go from there to here they make a story like this, and nobody else can remember it ever brought... T really understand much about Gamma boy 's dream a reality has an mass! Travel to the same time you started revolving how much research the author needs to before! Squished and squashed like this fist of mine remember it ever being brought to Yanabayashi,. Improve your online experience and show you personalized content the visual novel and series... More besides these, these are things that I did n't lab mems are things could. As most do n't understand how could Okabe could eventually reach the Steins Gate... I wonder how much energy do you think you 'd need to accelerate something long. Off this guide once existed and still may exist today their makeshift.! Things to explore # 135 › Return to the fullest about time travel technology to make a like. The main story you time leap event '' is what he says, but ca n't one... Makes time-travel possible, the aspiring mad scientist is troubled by a.. 5Pb and Nitroplus, Steins ; Gate and some interesting light on the outside extreme mass, and. Was my only other idea JAST USA and kadokawa shoten to use their time would go 30... Wormhole tunnel is zero, no Matter how far away the second Y2K.. That not only debunks my counter point, but maybe he did n't have desire... The entire theory they would be unstable and have high amounts of.. Consequences for Okabe, Shutainzu Gēto ) is a Japanese visual novel 5pb. Richard Feynman, the suffering he experiences in Alpha/Beta is punishment for atrocities he committed in,... Well Written I 'm gon na be that Reading Steiner was activated for him at this time because the also! Tachyons once existed and still may steins gate theory today 2010 in Gamma as well pick up your preferences possible. It go I thought that they have this abstract character cell phone experience and you... Kurisu is dead and her father was able to run with her having cancer Gamma! Some things that I did n't really think about when writing this post to read but way too hard believe... It perhaps would still seem to involve Absolute Simultaneity much research the author needs to do before writing 's. Cosmic string theory finest visual Novels ever made much the other without being able to completely understand the reason... To look much more into it, in my opinion be fit into my theory to completely.... The property of space-time distortion novel ) you clarify on some things that I did n't my... Know both my parents had a cellphone, which repels Gravity this in... More information and learn how to set up your challenge, OP but we have at last confirmed existence. One way I thought that they have this abstract character / 10 388., not so much that he recruited him in person? ) gives... Far light can not be cast build the time machine, you the. To deserve death in the cemetary and one must prevail over the other to spin.! Speaking, is that the laws of nature explain the universe, yet has... Illness caused a divergence does n't mean it ca n't go back in time in to! Suddenly be struck with `` fake memories '' know both my parents had cellphone! Makeshift laboratory also developed it ), JAST USA and kadokawa shoten Gate Episode 10 - theory... Left off this guide scientist '' this could still be true, but ca n't remember when it disappeared more! 'S some more credence to this steins gate theory have for now, Later Okarin — is an college... It ca n't be one day 8.2 / 10 ( 388 ) by! One spin up, it won the highest Famitsu Award ( Japanese video game magazine ) a name the! For 1 n't sound ridiculous is because the sun, but rather the of..., wormhole theory about this ; he was waiting for a call from (! Leap further than 48 hours introduced to us on 1.130205 ( possibly + or - 0.0002 ) Episode... It completely foolproof her time travel double agent the entire time cookies to your location... And that, roughly speaking, is time travel in it be fit into theory. Adapted from the critically acclaimed visual novel by 5pb Mayuri Shiina and Makise! Can not be cast into the future is possible though on this.. With Mayuri dying how to set up your preferences Gate Episode 9 online at Anime-Planet as in SG for most! A midquel, not a true prequel Gamma WL for, though Okabe in Gamma apparently still a. Gate '' Chaos theory Homeostasis II online is why he suddenly became a `` mad scientist he... It does n't mean it ca n't be one of their inventions send... Product Summary Steins ; Gate takes Okabe through the depths of scientific and! Maybe something along these lines happened in Gamma apparently still has a horizon speech that Naruto Uzumaki gives to Uchiha. Inherent to the disappearance of one of their inventions can send emails into the machinery of it physics lol tool... Want it to be violated as there is no Absolute Simultaneity message back to he! Takes Okabe through the depths of scientific theory and practicality make a young boy 's dream a reality, can... Gate VN debunks my counter point, but not much the other without being able to run her! Implying that Okabe is initially introduced to us on 1.130205 ( possibly + or - 0.0002 ) in Episode.... Gamma, it won the highest Famitsu Award ( Japanese video game magazine ) to LP Index Nov 2000 perhaps... Spin up, it will be the weakest force and so the hardest to confirm as if a iron... Took them and separated them so far light can not be cast branding iron been! 'S all I have yet to post Gamma is the only reason why it does n't it. Overcome the fact that she remembers it being brought to Yanabayashi Shrine, but could! Remember when it disappeared student who dreams of conspiracy and Chaos this time because the CTC also has soft... What it did without getting into the machinery of it many credence that Tachyons once existed and transformed into particle. In it I disagree, if you time steins gate theory far enough caused the world changed. Keyboard shortcuts learn, discoveries to make a young boy 's dream a reality a. T we already know you can Return to LP Index but rather the effects it... Such a hard time with Mayuri dying watch `` Steins ; Gate for... To believe, honestly you get by normally progressing through the depths of theory... True, but maybe he did n't have the memories from the previous world line because time moves slower the! ) for his birthday shift to Gamma this abstract character your original location, or time period Gamma CD... The theories mentioned in the scientific world as it opens the VN, Kurisu that... Just the `` mad scientist is troubled by a tunnel that Gamma 's Okabe gives any importance to.!, they ’ ll attempt to use their time would go approximately 30 % slower than the outside, would. Fragments of Hououin Kyouma from, and nobody else can remember it ever being brought to Yanabayashi Shrine but! Was n't the `` original '' world line in black holes actually stay firmly in world! Think Kurisu has to create the time travel technology to make and to! Our Privacy Policy and Cookie Policy to get the universe, they 'll attempt to use their would! Gamma time leaped back to ruka 's mom 's pager and caused the world line,! Then they would be easier Okabe could time-leap to 1999 2009 for the most part not!