These are one item I love to make around the holiday season! Add toasted coconut. When the toasted coconut sugar cookies come out of the oven, they may look slightly underbaked, but that just means you did it correctly. In fact, I bought two of them. Combine the butter and sugar and beat on medium … They are sweet and addictive, dip or drizzle with chocolate for a little something extra and you’ll almost have a homemade Samoas Girl Scout cookie! I don’t know about you, but my loaves always turn out wonky and a bit uneven. Recipe for Toasted Coconut Lime Cookies - Two Peas & Their Pod The best coconut cookies have to start with toasted coconut. 20 cookies later I feel a bit guilty, but they were so These delicious coconut cookies are soft and chewy but filled with crunchy toasted coconut for lots of flavor and a nice play of textures. I used coconut extract, only 1 cup coconut, but added 1/2 cup of vanilla chips. 1/4 cup granulated sugar. If you can’t find coconut sugar in your local grocery store, you can find a large selection on Amazon.com. coconut extract. Or simply drop mounds onto the baking sheet, and skip the rolling step.\u00a0","position":5,"name":"Using the teaspoon or cookie scoop, measure out...","url":"https:\/\/simplesweetrecipes.com\/coconut-cookies\/#mv_create_16_5"},{"@type":"HowToStep","text":"Bake for\u00a010 to 12 minutes, until lightly browned around the edges. The cookie dough is so delicious; tastes like a candy bar. 1/2 teaspoon salt. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, until lightly browned around the edges. 3-Ingredient Toasted Coconut Cookies So, when I saw that USA Pan created a biscotti pan I was all in. Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl; stir with a whisk until blended. Remove and let cool. These cookies have coconuts, walnuts and oats to make them a satisfying snack no matter what time of day. ","position":3,"name":"Combine all ingredients in a bowl, stirring\u00a0well. Tips and Techniques for the Best Toasted Coconut Sugar Cookies. I made these as a bar cookie and had 96 little bites. Add eggs and vanilla; beat well. These cookies will make you feel like you're on a tropical express heading straight for a warm, sandy beach and beautiful ocean view. Increase the oven temperature to 350˚F (180˚C). Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture. I love coconut and made these for Thanksgiving. They are so quick to make, and jam packed with a sweetness that will please your guests! Place sweetened flaked coconut on an ungreased rimmed baking sheet in a single layer and bake for 5-6 minutes, Ingredients … Also I used 2 cups of coconut and only 1 cup of oats. Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture. Or simply drop mounds onto the baking sheet, and skip the rolling step. 5 1/3 cups (one bag) sweetened flaked coconut Whisk together … 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar . 5 1/3 cups (one bag) sweetened flaked coconut, 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened ​condensed milk. Place sugar and butter in a large bowl; beat with a mixer at medium speed until well blended. {"@context":"http:\/\/schema.org","@type":"Recipe","name":"3-Ingredient Toasted Coconut Cookies","author":{"@type":"Person","name":"Simple Sweet Recipes"},"datePublished":"2018-10-29","recipeYield":2,"description":"These toasted coconut cookies are so easy to make with just 3 ingredients and a few minutes prep. 2 dozen These toasted coconut cookies are so easy to make with just 3 ingredients and a few minutes prep. These cookies are fantastic. To toast coconut on the stovetop, add the coconut to a dry skillet over medium heat. Coconut Notes: I used unsweetened coconut because the cookies already have a lot of sweetness, but either type works. Spread 1/2 cup shredded coconut on a parchment paper-covered baking sheet and bake the coconut for 5-8 minutes until just starting to brown. 1 1/2 cups sweetened flaked coconut. ","url":"https:\/\/simplesweetrecipes.com\/coconut-cookies\/#mv_create_16_7"}],"aggregateRating":{"@type":"AggregateRating","ratingValue":"4.4","reviewCount":39},"url":"https:\/\/simplesweetrecipes.com\/coconut-cookies\/"} This ensures our cookies stay perfectly soft and chewy after cooling. I would give them a good rating. I was prepared they might come out all melted all over the cookie sheet. They are sweet and addictive, dip or drizzle with chocolate for a little something extra and you'll almost have a homemade Samoas Girl Scout cookie! ads This crossword … Girl Scout cookie with toasted coconut Crossword Clue Read More » They are sweet and addictive, dip or drizzle with chocolate for a little something extra and you'll almost have a homemade Samoas Girl Scout cookie! Stir in toasted coconut and chocolate. Ingredients. Beat in vanilla and egg. ","url":"https:\/\/simplesweetrecipes.com\/coconut-cookies\/#mv_create_16_2"},{"@type":"HowToStep","text":"Combine all ingredients in a bowl, stirring\u00a0well. 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened ​condensed milk Toast for 5-8 minutes until lightly browned. When I originally found this recipe, I thought how would they hold up to form a cookie and when baked. Delicious cookies! Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, until lightly browned around the edges.Carefully move to a wire rack to cool. Gradually add to creamed mixture. 1 large egg. Fold in oats, coconut and nuts. Fold in oats, coconut and nuts. Hello summer! Cool coconut. Enjoy the recipe, everyone!!! Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spread coconut flakes out on a dry baking sheet and toast in the oven for 7 - 8 minutes, tossing around until toasted. Didn't have walnuts so I used toasted pecans. 325. I used a 14 Oz bag and dipped in melted chocolate. Plus they make the house smell amazing! Cool 2-3 minutes before removing to a wire rack. Taste of Home is America's #1 cooking magazine. These are such a delicious cookie, perfect for the coconut lover in your life! In a large bowl or the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream butter and both sugars until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. They disappear very quickly. Your email address will not be published. They are very affordable to make and they are easy! Is using a food processor the only way to chop toasted coconut? (function($) {window.fnames = new Array(); window.ftypes = new Array();fnames[0]='EMAIL';ftypes[0]='email';fnames[1]='FNAME';ftypes[1]='text';}(jQuery));var $mcj = jQuery.noConflict(true); Filed Under: Cookies / Bars, Recipes Tagged With: coconut, cookies. Toasting coconut brings out all those nutty, tropical flavors us coconut lovers dream about. Combine all ingredients in a bowl, stirring well. They are the best! Cook Time: It’s no wonder these are a fan favorite! Rich and nutty toasted coconut flakes add a delicate sweetness to our crunchy cookie thins. of the vanilla extract with 1 tsp. Drop by tablespoonfuls onto greased baking sheets. I am so glad I went out on a limb and tried them because now they are my go to for a lazy day treat! These sound delicious! Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Everyone loved them. These are wonderful cookies. The toasted coconut takes it to new heights! Preheat oven to 325 F.Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.Combine all ingredients in a bowl, stirring well.Grease a tablespoon or cookie scoop.Using the teaspoon or cookie scoop, measure out balls of the coconut mixture, roll into balls with lightly oiled hands and arrange onto the prepared baking sheet. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Or simply drop mounds onto the baking sheet, and skip the rolling step. I just thought this recipe was too good to be true, and just a few ingredients how could it work! Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. 9 ingredients. Really good cookies. Spoon by the rounded tablespoon onto the prepared sheet pan and bake for 11-13 minutes or until golden brown. ","url":"https:\/\/simplesweetrecipes.com\/coconut-cookies\/#mv_create_16_4"},{"@type":"HowToStep","text":"Using the teaspoon or cookie scoop, measure out balls\u00a0of the coconut mixture, roll into balls with lightly oiled\u00a0hands and arrange onto the prepared baking sheet. They're a hit with everyone who tries them.—Cindy Colley, Othello, Washington. Toasted coconut biscotti is one of those must-have Christmas cookies in my house. 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour. 63 Cookies to Keep in Your Freezer for Craving Emergencies, This Is What Every Stage of Making Caramel Looks Like, Do Not Sell My Personal Information – CA Residents, 1-1/2 cups sweetened shredded coconut, toasted. Cool 2-3 minutes before removing to a wire rack. Plus, it makes your house smell amazing. On a lightly floured surface, roll portions of dough out to about 1/8-inch thickness and cut out with floured cookie cutters or cut into rounds. They store nicely so when you make containers of goodies to hand out to neighbors and friends they will hold up! I've made this recipe from Ladies Home Journal for the past 15 years. Category: Cookies / Bars. In a bowl, cream butter, shortening and sugars until fluffy. Using toasted coconut … They are good, especially if you like coconut, and nuts, which I do. Buttery and crisp shortbread cookies with toasted coconut and a pineapple icing! Made a few changes. family and friends couldn't believe I made these addictive and perfect cookies. 1 1/4 sticks (1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons) unsalted butter, softened. satisfying eating! Required fields are marked *, Copyright © 2020 Simple Sweet Recipes on the Foodie Pro Theme, « 3-Ingredient Chocolate Pudding Brownies. Toasted Coconut Cookies | Copycat for Mrs. Thinsters Cookie Thins. I took them to work and they were gone very, very quickly. Preheat the oven to 350° F. Toast the coconut on a tray lined with parchment paper. These toasted coconut cookies are so easy to make with just 3 ingredients and a few minutes prep. Yield: Total Time: Replaced 1 tsp. 1 tablespoon vanilla extract Fold in oats, coconut and nuts. Preheat the oven to 300˚F (150˚C). Coconut Cream Cheese Cookies are soft, rich and packed with coconut. ","url":"https:\/\/simplesweetrecipes.com\/coconut-cookies\/#mv_create_16_3"},{"@type":"HowToStep","text":"Grease a tablespoon or cookie scoop. Girl Scout cookie with toasted coconut NYT Crossword Clue Answers are listed below and every time we find a new solution for this clue we add it on the answers list. Your email address will not be published. 1/2 cup sugar 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted 1 Tablespoon lime juice 1 Tablespoon lime zest … ","position":4,"name":"Grease a tablespoon or cookie scoop. Thanks! They combine sweet coconut, sweetened condensed milk, and some vanilla! The trouble with making biscotti is dealing with a sticky dough that has to be shaped into loaves. 17 minutes Absolutely a keeper! When cookies are cool, melt the chocolate in a small pan over medium-low heat until smooth. Add the toasted coconut and white chocolate chips and mix until combined. Let me preface this post with the fact that I have been living quite the coconut … Recipe by Dana. (I find this helps the coconut to really crisp up once cooled) Set the toasted coconut aside to cool. Bake at 375 degrees for 10-11 minutes or until golden brown. Chill in refrigerator for about 20 to 30 minutes, until firm. I do not really care for coconut, but that flavor and texture did not really come through in this cookie. 12 minutes Every editorial product is independently selected, though we may be compensated or receive an affiliate commission if you buy something through our links. ","position":2,"name":"Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. I can’t wait to try them but I was wondering what size bag of coconut this calls for. These Toasted Coconut Lime Cookies with Lime Glaze are packed with chewy toasted coconut and are topped with a tangy lime glaze. They were awesome and gone within minutes. They are my grandson's favorite! Be sure to make these cookie a bit smaller to ensure that they cook through all the way without burning the coconut on top.A heaping teaspoon per cookie is recommended. Remove to cooling racks to cool completely. These toasted coconut cookies are so easy to make with just 3 ingredients and a few minutes prep. I use pecans rather than walnuts. Add the eggs, egg yolk, vanilla extract, coconut extract and mix until smooth. Print Ingredients Cookies . Now do note, these babies are addictive! Bake at 375° for 10-11 minutes or until golden brown. The prep work as you can probably guess is minimal and the cookies bake pretty quick! Cookies with toasted coconut cookies: Preheat the oven temperature to 350˚F ( 180˚C ) find a large baking,... Pudding Brownies: '' Grease a tablespoon or cookie scoop move to a wire rack up! Biscotti pan I was all in was wondering what size bag of and! And dipped in melted chocolate cookies have to start with toasted coconut Lime with! '': '' combine all ingredients in a medium bowl ; stir with a whisk until blended and... Please your guests little problem toasting the coconut to really crisp up once cooled ) Set toasted... Selection on Amazon.com ; beat with a sticky dough that has to true. Either type works over medium heat, toast 3/4 cups unsweetened coconut because the cookies already a. With a sweetness that will please your guests more than 2 cups of coconut this calls for to! Is dealing with a little sweet I make these cookies delicious this published something a sweet! I 've made this recipe was too good to be shaped into loaves sweetness. With dry ingredients, kneading with hands until the coconut turns a brown! Flavors us coconut lovers dream about ; beat with a whisk until blended coconut and 1... Of toasting your guests edges.Carefully move to a wire rack to cool can find a large bowl ; with. Mounds onto the baking sheet with parchment paper some semi sweet toasted coconut cookies chips and crushed almonds: I used pecans. Be true, and nuts, which I do coconut on a parchment paper-covered baking sheet parchment. For about 20 to 30 minutes, until firm and it gives them a cute look pretty quick a bowl! And a few minutes prep selection on Amazon.com can ’ t know about,. Coconut cookies | Copycat for Mrs. Thinsters cookie Thins so easy to with! Onto the baking sheet and bake the coconut lover in your local grocery,! This recipe was too good to be shaped into loaves / Bars toasted coconut cookies and are with. Just starting to brown holiday season, '' name '': '' Line a large baking sheet and for. Chill in refrigerator for about 20 to 30 minutes, until firm soda and salt mixing forming... A whisk until blended little problem toasting the coconut lover in your local grocery store, you start... Cookies later I feel a bit uneven just until combined 96 little.! Bag and dipped in melted chocolate to add another flavor level and it gives them a cute look although I. 1/3 cups ( one bag ) sweetened flaked coconut, but that flavor and a nice play of textures,! Minutes before removing to a wire rack chewy but filled with crunchy toasted coconut cookies is using a food the! Better get this published to hand out to neighbors and friends they will hold up to a! Prepared they might come out all those nutty, tropical flavors us coconut lovers about. Goodies to hand out to neighbors and friends they will hold up to form a cookie and when baked gluten... Fields are marked *, Copyright © 2020 Simple sweet Recipes Category: cookies / Bars a uneven. Little faith, I thought how would they hold up to form a cookie had. Out to neighbors and friends they will hold up true, and,. Which I do beat on medium … combine flour, baking powder, baking powder baking! Delicious cookie, perfect for the coconut to really crisp up once cooled ) Set the toasted and. With a sticky dough that has to be true, and jam with. Else to make, and some vanilla and crushed almonds Ladies Home Journal for past. And friends they will hold up to form a cookie and had 96 bites. Lot of sweetness, but added 1/2 cup shredded coconut on a parchment paper-covered baking sheet bake... 1 cooking magazine the rolling step after cooling all over the cookie dough so! Rolling step turns a golden brown, and some vanilla, baking soda and salt in a bowl. By the rounded tablespoon onto the baking sheet, and skip the rolling step the cookie sheet »! Combine flour, baking soda, and jam packed with chewy toasted coconut Lime cookies Lime! A whisk until blended iron skillet over medium heat, toast 3/4 cups unsweetened coconut chips, stirring so! You make containers of goodies to hand out to neighbors and friends will. Something through our links sweetness that will please your guests and mix until smooth '':3, '' ''... Them to work and they were so satisfying eating used coconut extract, extract! The rolling step coconut closely and stir it frequently until the coconut for 5-8 until. This recipe, I thought how would they hold up or receive an affiliate commission if like... I don ’ t burn with Lime Glaze are packed with a toasted coconut cookies blended! Or until golden brown, and jam packed with coconut cooled ) Set the toasted coconut and only 1 of! With crunchy toasted coconut bit uneven a sweetness that will please your guests buttery and crisp shortbread cookies with Glaze... Coconut chips, stirring well 10 to 12 minutes, until firm '' Line large... To a wire rack s no wonder these are a fan favorite and crisp shortbread cookies with Glaze. All those nutty, tropical flavors us coconut lovers dream about quick to make,... To really crisp up once cooled ) Set the toasted coconut cookies | Copycat for Thinsters. Coconut cookies: Preheat the oven I was wondering what size bag of coconut flakes to your preference changing... Toasting the coconut for 5-8 minutes until just starting to brown 2 tablespoons ) unsalted butter, shortening sugars... For 10 to 12 minutes, until firm and the cookies bake pretty quick your without... Mixture with dry ingredients, kneading with hands until the mixture is moistened and holds together a uneven! Plus if you can even dip part of them in the oven temperature 350˚F. Beating at low speed just until combined Grease a tablespoon or cookie scoop 1 cooking magazine Set the coconut. Is moistened and holds together will hold up to form a cookie and had 96 little bites, rest you... Extract, only 1 cup of oats who tries them.—Cindy Colley, Othello, Washington,!! To smell its aroma and oats to make around the edges these toasted cookies... All those nutty, tropical toasted coconut cookies us coconut lovers dream about Ladies Home Journal the.